Credit: Disney Addicts
It’s beginning to look a lot like WDW Marathon race weekend! I’m definitely feeling the nerves now. The forecast at the moment is predicting a cold week in Walt Disney World, which looks like perfect race conditions for this Boston girl. As we pack, here are my must-haves for your consideration:
Will Run for Disney’s
2018 WDW Marathon Weekend Race Packing List:
- Photo ID (you need this to board your plane anyway!)
- Printed out, signed race waiver for an easier Expo experience
- Race outfit/s: performance running bottoms, moisture wicking performance top, bra, underwear, non-cotton socks
- Compression socks or sleeves (optional)
- Race costume pieces (make sure they are airport/Disney costume compliant before you head on a plane! Yikes!)
- Race running shoes (and have at least one separate pair just for walking around the parks!)
- Trash bag or old heat sheet for warmth pre-race! OR
- Old sweatshirt or sweatpants to wear pre-race; all clothing cast aside along the course will be donated
- Hair ties/extra hair ties for new friends made in your corral!
- Other hair accessories: Bobby pins, headband, etc.
- Runner’s fanny pack or belt
- Extra safety pins
- Headphones (but try not to miss the on-course entertainment!)
- Sports watch/Garmin/Fitbit and CHARGER! (Plug in the night before to avoid a dead battery!)
- Phone Charger (if you can wrap it up and take it with you, I highly recommend it!)
- Body Glide (apply liberally before showing up pre-race)
- Sunscreen (also apply liberally before showing up pre-race)
- Favorite/go-to breakfast nutrition (favorite granola bar, bagel, peanut butter?)
- Favorite race nutrition in a portable, zip-loc bag(candies, blocks or chews, goo) There will be bananas at miles 12.1 and 18.3, Sports Beans® jelly beans will be distributed at 15.9 and 20.1 of the half marathon, and candy at 23.2!
- Favorite post-race nutrition or treat (scope out the nearest location that sells chocolate milk ahead of time!)
- Water/water bottle (personal preference but not necessary; there will be water stops with water and powerade along the courses)
- Mini first-aid kit: band-aids, ibuprofen, tylenol, aleve, disinfectant, ice packs, tampons, maxi pads, aloe vera, icy hot
- Sandals for post-race pool and hot tub time!
- Other vacation essentials not mentioned here: park clothes, bathing suit, toiletries, ponchos/rain gear
Make sure you have everything, and put all your race gear in your carry-on, including your race shoes!
Gina / Will Run for Disney